Ahoy there! Pirates wanted for Sheringham charity mission
- Credit: Archant
Budding buccaneers and swashbuckling fundraisers are being called on to collect vital pieces of eight for charity by taking part in a pirate walk.
The British Heart Foundation (BHF) is hosting the sponsored stroll through Sheringham and is looking for shipmates to join in the fun.
Walkers are encouraged to don their finest seafaring outfits as there will be a prize for the best dressed pirate, as well as medals for everyone on crossing the finish line.
Long John Silver, star of Treasure Island – currently showing at the Little Theatre – will lead the walk, which sets sail on August 16 at 1.30pm.
Alex Mayer, BHF fundraising manager for Norfolk, said: 'We urge everyone to get involved, get in the pirate spirit and support a great cause because pieces of eight save lives. And we hope everyone has loads of fun too because laughing is great for your heart.'
You may also want to watch:
The walk is free to enter and any pirate that raises £10 sponsorship will get a free hat. Forms from the BHF Sheringham shop or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy