Agricultural group Anglia Farmers celebrates after Boswell Cup win at Carrow Road in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Agricultural purchasing group Anglia Farmers is celebrating after their football team won the hallowed Boswell Cup in the final of a seven-a-side tournament.
The Colton-based group took the title after a competitive match against the organisers, Alan Boswell Group, at Norwich City's home ground, Carrow Road.
And a team made up of Archant staff members came out on top in a plate final match against Hingham-based AC Bacon Engineering.
Other teams competing in the business tournament were Clapham and Collinge, Lovewell Blake, Mills and Reeve and Spartek.
Alan Boswell Group has organised the charity tournament annually since 2015, this year raising £1,887.40 for Norfolk and Waveney cancer charity, Big C, through ticket sales, a silent auction and post-game raffle at Yellows Bar and Grill.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Boswell Group is also signed up to take part in more challenges this year for Big C, including Norwich's Colour5K run and the Tour De Norfolk.
Clive Evans, Big C's director of income generation and communications, said, 'We are over the moon that Alan Boswell Group will be supporting us for another year, especially after the tremendous commitment they gave to their fundraising in 2016.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
'We can't thank them enough, their efforts have, and will continue to make, a significant difference to those affected by cancer in Norfolk and Waveney.'
The Big C Golf Day at Bawburgh Golf Club on October 5 is also sponsored by Alan Boswell.
Corporate teams wishing to enter can visit www.big-c.co.uk/Events/the-big-c-golf-day-2017.aspxTo learn more about Big C's work, visit www.big-c.co.uk.