Age UK urges Swaffham residents to take part in Big Bag Challenge
- Credit: Supplied
Age UK is urging the people of Swaffham to take part in an autumn clear out to support the charity's annual Big Bag Challenge.
The scheme started on October 8 and aims to help Age UK reach a target of 100,000 bags of goods in just one month to help its shops raise much needed funds for the charity's work supporting older people.
Theresa Butland, covering manager at the Age UK Swaffham shop, said: 'Our shops are reliant on kind donations from the public, which is why Age UK is urging everyone in Swaffham to get behind The Big Bag Challenge.
'Not only will you benefit from a clean and organised house as the winter months and festive season take hold, but you will be helping to raise vital funds to support older people.'
People can take part in The Big Bag Challenge by donating their unwanted goods to their local Age UK shop.
You may also want to watch:
All types of quality goods are welcome, including clothing, shoes, books, accessories and homewares, all of which are sold on.
Every bag donated will help raise much-needed funds for the charity, helping to continue it's vital work by providing companionship, support and advice, as well as a free national advice line open 365 days a year and vital campaigning work.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears
Actress Lesley Joseph, best known for her role as Dorian in Birds of a Feather, has also got behind Age UK's Big Bag Challenge and donated a designer handbag worn by her on-screen character.
She said: 'If you live in a tidy space, it somehow clears your mind too. The autumn is the perfect time to have a seasonal clear out and get ahead for Christmas, which is why I have donated a special Ted Baker handbag to Age UK as part of The Big Bag Challenge.
'Not only am I helping to keep my home clutter free, but my donation will also help raise money for the charity to continue supporting older people.'
Age UK has almost 400 shops across the UK. For more information or to find a local store, go to www.ageuk.org.uk/bigbagchallenge.