This is your chance to help Age UK Norfolk win £7.000
- Credit: Archant © 2012
A Norfolk charity is appealing for help from residents to help secure a grant of £7,000.
Age UK Norfolk is asking local people to vote for them in the Hopkins Homes Norfolk Charity Vote, to secure them one of three cash rewards.
Age UK Norfolk is one of six charities nominated, with the top three being awarded £7.000. £2,000 and £1,000 each.
Michelle Jay, fundraising officer at Age UK Norfolk, said: 'The vote is a fantastic opportunity for us to galvanise support from local residents for our work. We welcome any additional funding and should we be awarded the £7,000 it will make an enormous difference to our work with older people across Norfolk.'
James Hopkins, executive chairman of Hopkins Homes, said: 'We're delighted to be offering the public the chance to choose which charities we support with our £10,000 donation which is part of our recently expanded £500,000 Hopkins Charitable Fund.
You may also want to watch:
'Building strong, self-sustaining communities is one of our key principles and the charities chosen for the shortlist are particularly concerned with homelessness and displacement, deprivation and vulnerable people.'
People can visit the Hopkins Homes website to find out more about the shortlisted charities and cast their vote.
The vote will run until Friday 1st December and the results will be announced soon after.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation