Age is just a number - 73-year-old loses and keeps off more than two stone
- Credit: Chris Tickle
A super slimmer has proved that age is just a number by losing and keeping off more than two stone.
Chris Tickle, from Barnham Broom, near Wymondham, joined Wymondham Slimming World Group in September 2007. After initially losing two stone in just eight months she has kept the weight off and continues to live a healthy lifestyle.
Now, the 73 year-old, who dropped from 10st 11 to 8st 11, has been named the Wymondham group's Diamond Member 2018.
The title is awarded to the group's most inspirational member who has lost weight and maintained their new shape.
Ms Tickle said: 'Like most people, I'd tried to lose weight countless times, yet nothing ever really seemed to stick.
You may also want to watch:
'Previous weight-loss attempts left me feeling hungry and irritable – nowadays I probably eat more than ever.
'With Slimming World the support that I needed was there right from day one, both from my consultant Debbie Smith and the other members in the group.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
'I picked up new ideas and recipes every week and I started to really believe that I could do it.'
Ms Tickle began following Slimming World's eating plan, which encourages slimmers to fill up on healthy, satisfying foods like fruit and veg, pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat and fish so they lose weight without going hungry or feeling deprived.
Ms Tickle added: 'I have a very supportive hubby, Les, who along with me cooks some amazing meals. Being pescatarians I was a tad nervous that it may be difficult to make food work for us, but it really does suit all.'
She began slowly by walking and gardening until being active was part of her routine. Now at 73 she regularly attends the gym three times a week, using the treadmill and swimming which she believes has been important in helping her to maintain her weight loss.
Ms Smith, who runs the Wymondham group, said: 'I'm so proud of her and the inspirational way in which she's maintained her weight loss.
'During her years at her target weight she has undergone five major operations and has never gone outside of her target range.'
The group is held at Methodist Church in Town Green on Wednesday at 9.30am,11.30am, 5.30om and 7.30pm. For more information call Ms Smith on 07902032582 or visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk.