Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- Credit: Jodie Lovett
A pub is making waves with its twist on afternoon tea, which is packed with local seafood.
The Lovett family took on The King's Head in Belton last May and turned its pool room into Valerie's Tea Room - named after their mother and grandmother who passed away.
It has proved popular with its tasty sandwiches, scones and cakes.
Also available seven days a week is 'afternoon sea' for two people and it includes a glass of prosecco each and lots of local seafood, including a whole lobster, prawns and mussels.
Jodie Lovett said: "It has been going really well and people have been travelling from as far as Thetford and Diss."
Jodie's father Rob Lovett previously owned a chippy at Great Yarmouth Market, but since the pandemic he has run it as a mobile business.
It is now stationed outside The King's Head and over the winter months it is open on Fridays and Saturdays from 4.30pm until 7.30pm.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 7 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 8 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 9 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 10 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
The family also has a seafood van outside, which will be open at weekends from Easter.
The tea costs £60 for two - call 01493 718868 to book at least 24 hours in advance.