African evening in Norwich to help raise money for charity
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
People are invited to an evening of live music to raise money for Medecins sans Frontieres.
The African Evening takes place at the Cathedral of St John the Baptist's Narthex Centre on Unthank Road in Norwich.
It is being organised by Norfolk couple Beatriz De La Iglesia and Michael Gyapong, who have helped raise more than £13,000 for the charity.
Miss Iglesia said: 'We have an amazing line-up for the evening, including our main act Groupo Lokito, who are coming from down from London.
'They are a very animated Congolese band performing a fusion of Cuban music with their African beats.'
You may also want to watch:
Also lined up for the evening is Gambian musician Sefo Kanuteh, who will be playing the Kora. The main event begins at 7pm on Saturday, February 18.
Meanwhile, an African dance workshop is on from 3pm to 4pm. Tickets cost £15 for adults and £10 for students.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
Tickets can be bought from the cathedral shop, or by phone on 07917434035. Alternatively they can be purchased from email@example.com