Aerial shot taken from tallest ride at Great Yarmouth’s Easter Fair captures rare birds eye glimpse of Market Place
- Credit: Archant
A photograph has captured all the fun of the fair from Great Yarmouth's Easter Fair.
From atop of the tallest ride at last week's fun fair, the image offers a rare birds eye glimpse of the Market Place.
Great Yarmouth mayor, Cllr Malcolm Bird, launched the Great Yarmouth Easter Fair and said at the time: 'It gives me great pleasure to open this Easter fair. I would like to pass on my best wishes for a successful few days.'
The borough council is running the fair with the eastern counties branch of the Showmen's Guild.
A gold-embossed ceramic Charter Key was presented to the guild made by Ernie Childs, of Great Yarmouth Potteries, in 2008 to commemorate the 800th anniversary of the Royal Charter granted to Great Yarmouth by King John in 1208.
You may also want to watch:
Among the rides and attractions were dodgems, a bomber, a fun house, and a helter-skelter.
Other attractions included candy floss and toffee-apples.
Do you have any photos from the fair? Post them on our Facebook page.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain