Adventure challenge at Sheringham will help north Norfolk volunteers
The gauntlet has been thrown down for people to tackle an adventure challenge which will raise money to help support volunteers in north Norfolk.
Teams from local businesses, networking and community groups - or just friends - are being invited to climb walls, abseil, ride a zip wire, step off a 50ft fan drop and tackle an assault course later in the year.
The day, at the Hilltop Outdoor Centre at Sheringham on Tuesday October 9 is aimed at team-building, networking and raising funds for the North Norfolk Volunteer Centre.
The challenge is the first of its kind to be run by Voluntary Norfolk, and will raise funds for the Cromer-based centre in Merchants' Court which helps link would-be volunteers with local opportunities.
Since opening in July last year it has helped more than 200 people, who are now tackling a range of tasks including befriending and support for elderly or isolated people, helping local charities, supporting community projects; and getting involved in events that are central to North Norfolk life.
You may also want to watch:
The volunteers develop new skills and make new friends while enriching their neighbourhoods and having fun.
Event co-ordinator Sharon Hulbert said: 'It is important that our local charities are supported and this event will give everyone the chance to take part in something that will not only be good for team building and networking, it will also raise funds for a charity that provides volunteers for many other charities and good causes.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
Entry cost is �90 per team but all will be encouraged to get sponsored. Awards will be presented for the most outstanding team, greatest achievement of the day, and most sponsorship raised.
To book your team place or to find out more information, telephone Jonny Wood on 01263 510701 or visit www.voluntarynorfolk.org.uk/events