Adnams raises funds for Norfolk children’s charity EACH
- Credit: Archant
Adnams have launched a charity initiative this November, in support of children's charity EACH's nook appeal.
Customers buying from Adnams stores or online will be asked if they would like to round their card purchases up to the nearest pound, with any excess pennies paid being donated to the children's palliative care charity.
In the initiative running from November until January 2017, funds will be donated to the the nook appeal's £10million fund, which will see a new children's hospice built in Norfolk.
All funds raised by the brewery will be donated and stored via digital charity box 'Pennies.'
Rozi Collier, marketing and communications manager at Pennies, said: 'We're thrilled to help Adnams support such a worthy local cause in EACH.
'Adnams' customers have been giving their small change a big purpose using the digital charity box since 2012, and staff have chosen another fantastic charity for these micro-donations to support this Christmas.'
Lotte Rietveld, EACH corporate development manager, said: 'We are thrilled that our nook appeal has been chosen by Adnams to benefit from their Pennies donations. A partnership with a household name such as Adnams will only help to further promote our vital appeal and we'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone at the company for their continued support of EACH.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 5 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 6 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 9 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
'This announcement is particularly special given the time of year the scheme is running - Christmas is such an important time to all the families that EACH supports.
'All the money raised will help to take us a step further to making our vision for children's hospice care in Norfolk a reality. Our purpose built hospice, the nook, will offer our families greater choice, accessibility and will transform our care to meet the changing needs of the children we support. It will also allow us to reach out to even more families who need our support at an unimaginably difficult time.'
For more information on EACH and the nook appeal please visit: www.each.org.uk/the-nook.