Adnams launch new white chocolate stout, Little White Lies
- Credit: Archant
Brewer Adnams collaborates with the Yeastie Boys.
Love beer? Love chocolate? What if we said you could get the two, fused together into one full bodied, pale (but interesting) new stout?
Little White Lies is a brand new collaboration brew dreamt up by Adnams head brewer Fergus Fitzgerald alongside Stu Mickinlay and Sam Possenniskie – a duo otherwise known in the beer world as the Yeastie Boys.
The white chocolate stout (4.5% ABV) is a creamy pale gold white porter which Fergus says has chocolate, tropical fruit and brioche notes. Brewed with cocoa nibs and cocoa shells to infuse flavour without darkening the colour, the key hops used are Nelson Sauvin, bred in New Zealand and noted for the fruity, gooseberry style notes they impart.
Fergus first worked with Stu and Sam when they visited Adnams to brew their Gunnamatta beer for JD Wetherspoon.
'We've been looking to get them back to brew with us again ever since,' said Fergus. 'As Stu had moved to the UK and Sam was in France, it turned out to be pretty easy.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 7 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights
'The idea for the beer came from a Tweet from the legendary maltster Peter Simpson about the upcoming availability of some white chocolate malted barley.
'I don't remember whether I'd had a drink, but I'd expressed interest in such a malt, only for Peter to inform me it was obviously a joke. Chocolate malt is made by roasting malt, which then also colours the malt, and so a white chocolate malt was possible…or maybe it wasn't.'
Clearly it worked out for the trio, because Little White Lies is due to be stocked in various pubs and bars during November and December (keep your eyes peeled) and will be for sale in 330ml bottles in Adnams stores throughout the festive seasons.
Another collaboration beer currently available from Adnams include oaked pale ale Two Bays, brewed with Cigar City Brewing (Tampa, Florida).