Q and A: Adam Bensley
- Credit: Archant
This week we hear from Adam Bensley, 34, manager of Express News in Cromer's Church Street.
How would you best describe what you do in Cromer?
We're a source of information for news. We're probably the prime newsagents in town, so a bit of a hub. That's the biggest role that myself and the shop provide.
You may also want to watch:
Where is home?
Home is in Cromer. I live in the middle of town, just opposite the church. I've always lived in Norfolk - West Runton before which is a lovely village. But I went to Cromer High School, so I'm as Cromer as it comes.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 6 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Restaurants and pubs reopening outdoors in April
What's your earliest Cromer memory?
Probably the pick 'n' mix sweets at Woolworths before they closed. I remember going there as a little boy. It used to be the heart of Cromer, to be honest.
Where is your favourite Cromer pub?
The Red Lion. They have nice beer and a nice atmopshere, it's not too crazy.
Which shops do you rely on?
Obviously Morrisons, and then in the middle of town I'd say Icarus Hines, ourselves, Lizzie's, and I bank in Cromer as well with Lloyds.
What's the best meal you've had in Cromer?
Probably at the Red Lion. They do fantastic food there - whatever you have never lets you down.
If you could buy any building in Cromer, what would it be?
I'd like to buy the station house up near Morrisons.
I don't like seeing empty buildings, and I'd like to turn it into a bowling alley. Nothing too noisy at night that people would complain about. It's a lovely old building so it's a pity to see it becoming derelict.
What would you do if you were mayor for the day?
I think I'd just put on the big, golden chain and kick back. I don't really know what sort of duties they perform these days.
Who's your hero?
Churchill. How can you not like him? He was a great speaker and he led the Allied troops to victory.
What do you most love about Cromer?
It's location on the Norfolk coastline. It's got to be the nicest town along the whole coast. It's a fantastic area.