Q and A: Adam Bensley
- Credit: Archant
This week we hear from Adam Bensley, 34, manager of Express News in Cromer's Church Street.
How would you best describe what you do in Cromer?
We're a source of information for news. We're probably the prime newsagents in town, so a bit of a hub. That's the biggest role that myself and the shop provide.
You may also want to watch:
Where is home?
Home is in Cromer. I live in the middle of town, just opposite the church. I've always lived in Norfolk - West Runton before which is a lovely village. But I went to Cromer High School, so I'm as Cromer as it comes.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
What's your earliest Cromer memory?
Probably the pick 'n' mix sweets at Woolworths before they closed. I remember going there as a little boy. It used to be the heart of Cromer, to be honest.
Where is your favourite Cromer pub?
The Red Lion. They have nice beer and a nice atmopshere, it's not too crazy.
Which shops do you rely on?
Obviously Morrisons, and then in the middle of town I'd say Icarus Hines, ourselves, Lizzie's, and I bank in Cromer as well with Lloyds.
What's the best meal you've had in Cromer?
Probably at the Red Lion. They do fantastic food there - whatever you have never lets you down.
If you could buy any building in Cromer, what would it be?
I'd like to buy the station house up near Morrisons.
I don't like seeing empty buildings, and I'd like to turn it into a bowling alley. Nothing too noisy at night that people would complain about. It's a lovely old building so it's a pity to see it becoming derelict.
What would you do if you were mayor for the day?
I think I'd just put on the big, golden chain and kick back. I don't really know what sort of duties they perform these days.
Who's your hero?
Churchill. How can you not like him? He was a great speaker and he led the Allied troops to victory.
What do you most love about Cromer?
It's location on the Norfolk coastline. It's got to be the nicest town along the whole coast. It's a fantastic area.