Actress reads aloud for care home residents as part of international event
- Credit: © James Bass
Residents of a care home were joined by an actress for a book-reading session to celebrate the importance of sharing stories.
Actress Sally Burnett joined residents at Cavell Court Care Home in Cringleford on World Read Aloud Day last week.
Residents selected their favourite stories which were then read aloud by Ms Burnett, who reads aloud professionally for the Royal National Institute for the Blind.
Samantha Woods, customer relations manager at the care home, said: 'It may come as a surprise to many just how beneficial reading aloud can be for older people; particularly those living with dementia.
'Here at Cavell Court, interactive reading sessions are very important as they help to engage residents in an interactive activity and encourage communication.
You may also want to watch:
'We had a brilliant day of storytelling with Sally. All the residents enjoyed taking part in the reading aloud sessions,' she added.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 9 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died