Oo Matron! Special screening held for Carry On actress
- Credit: Archant
A special screening of a classic comedy was held in honour of an actress who featured in it, now in a Norfolk residential home.
Carry On Girls was shown by Olive House in Newton Flotman in honour of Anne Loxam, 92, a former dancer, performer and actress.
The 1973 flick sees her acting alongside Sid James and Barbara Windsor as a saboteur, adding a box of itching powder into bathing costumes worn at a beauty parade.
Kerry Gooda, manager at Olive House said: 'We knew Anne had performed in several films and it was lovely to create the special cinema screening to show the film to all.
'I think everyone can recall at least one of the Carry On films from the series and it was a great evening of enjoyment and reminiscing.
You may also want to watch:
'While dancing was Anne's real passion, she was delighted to share in her memories of acting in the well-known shows.' Dave Land set up the film.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 7 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 10 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants