Actress and socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor dies aged 99
- Credit: AP
Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor has died aged 99, according to reports in US media.
Reports say that the actress and socialite was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital after suffering a heart attack.
The Hungarian-born actress, who was crowned Miss Hungary in 1936, emigrated to America during the Second World War and appeared in more than 70 films, including Moulin Rouge, The Girl in the Kremlin and Queen of Outer Space.
She was well-known for her celebrity lifestyle, which she shared with twin sister Eva, and her nine marriages, including to Conrad Hilton, actor George Sanders and Barbie doll creator Jack Ryan.
But after a car crash in 2002 left her partially paralysed, she suffered a long period of ill-health and, after years of complications, had to have her right leg amputated in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
In 2010 she reportedly asked a priest to administer the last rites after surgery to remove two blood clots.
Zsa Zsa would have turned 100 in February.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working