Actress and socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor dies aged 99
- Credit: AP
Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor has died aged 99, according to reports in US media.
Reports say that the actress and socialite was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital after suffering a heart attack.
The Hungarian-born actress, who was crowned Miss Hungary in 1936, emigrated to America during the Second World War and appeared in more than 70 films, including Moulin Rouge, The Girl in the Kremlin and Queen of Outer Space.
She was well-known for her celebrity lifestyle, which she shared with twin sister Eva, and her nine marriages, including to Conrad Hilton, actor George Sanders and Barbie doll creator Jack Ryan.
But after a car crash in 2002 left her partially paralysed, she suffered a long period of ill-health and, after years of complications, had to have her right leg amputated in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
In 2010 she reportedly asked a priest to administer the last rites after surgery to remove two blood clots.
Zsa Zsa would have turned 100 in February.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof