Actors needed for a production of the The Producers in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
It was a hit Hollywood movie before becoming a Broadway and West End show, and now actors are needed to join the cast of a new production of the musical The Producers in Norwich.
Director and producer Peter Beck plans to put on the show at Norwich Puppet Theatre next April and is looking for the final six chorus members - five men and one woman - to join the 22-strong cast.
Mr Beck, who is presenting the show under the banner Planet Theatre Productions, recently directed Return to the Forbidden Planet at the Maddermarket Theatre and many of the actors from that show will be appearing in the new production.
The Producers sees New York producer Max Bialystock and his accountant Leo Bloom sing and dance their way through the greatest showbiz scam that there ever was, and the original 1968 film directed by Mel Brooks starred Zero Mostel as Max Bialystok and Gene Wilder as Leo Bloom.
Mr Beck said the show would in part be a tribute to Mr Wilder who passed away earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The Producers is a real gem. It's outrageous, hysterical, and brilliantly ridiculous. It has all the glamour and flair of a Busby Berkeley musical, with the wry and self-inflicting humour of Woody Allen. We cannot wait to begin rehearsing, it's going to be so much fun. We'd love to find those last few performers to complete our wonderful cast.'
He added: 'We are looking for people who love musical theatre, they love to sing and they love to act, and they also have some moderate dance ability. The dances are fairly simple.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
'The roles we are looking to cast are chorus roles but some of them do have lines too.'
People need to be aged 18 or over to apply and rehearsals will start in January. Anybody interested in taking part should email email@example.com
More details of the roles can also be found at www.planettheatreproductions.co.uk
The Producers will be performed at Norwich Puppet Theatre from April 26 to 29. Tickets £12 (concessions £10). For more information and to book tickets, visit wwwpuppettheatre.co.uk or call 01603 629921.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org