Actor Sam Claflin named one of IMDb’s top 10 breakout stars of 2016
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Movie database IMDb has revealed its list of the top 10 actors and actresses who have enjoyed dramatic success over the past year and former Costessey High School pupil Sam Claflin has made the cut.
The Snow White and the Huntsman actor who grew up in Norwich placed at number eight on the list after consistently ranking highly on the IMDb weekly STARmeter chart throughout the year.
His most notable film work includes playing trident-wielding Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games adaptations, starring alongside Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and tackling the role of Will Traynor, a paralysed young man, in the heart-wrenching romantic drama, Me Before You.
Sam's father, Mark Claflin praised his son's success on Twitter, posting: 'Well done son, @sueclaflin and I are very proud of you. Mind you, we'd be proud whatever.'
Also featured in IMDb's 2016 list of breakout stars was The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Star Wars: The Force Awakens actor Adam Driver and Westworld's Evan Rachel Wood.
Young starlet, Millie Bobby Brown stole the top spot thanks to her portrayal of psychokinetic Eleven in the Netflix original series Stranger Things.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 8 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 9 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 10 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash