Actor Sam Claflin named one of IMDb’s top 10 breakout stars of 2016
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Movie database IMDb has revealed its list of the top 10 actors and actresses who have enjoyed dramatic success over the past year and former Costessey High School pupil Sam Claflin has made the cut.
The Snow White and the Huntsman actor who grew up in Norwich placed at number eight on the list after consistently ranking highly on the IMDb weekly STARmeter chart throughout the year.
His most notable film work includes playing trident-wielding Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games adaptations, starring alongside Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and tackling the role of Will Traynor, a paralysed young man, in the heart-wrenching romantic drama, Me Before You.
Sam's father, Mark Claflin praised his son's success on Twitter, posting: 'Well done son, @sueclaflin and I are very proud of you. Mind you, we'd be proud whatever.'
Also featured in IMDb's 2016 list of breakout stars was The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Star Wars: The Force Awakens actor Adam Driver and Westworld's Evan Rachel Wood.
You may also want to watch:
Young starlet, Millie Bobby Brown stole the top spot thanks to her portrayal of psychokinetic Eleven in the Netflix original series Stranger Things.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation