The world’s first active reality adventure story is coming to west Norfolk this Christmas
- Credit: REVEAL
An active reality adventure story is coming to west Norfolk this Christmas - in what is claimed to be a world first.
It will be told with live shows, projection and the latest 'augmented reality' technology in King's Lynn, Hunstanton and Downham Market.
Funded by Cambridge-based arts organisation Collusion and West Norfolk council, REVEAL allows players to immerse themselves in a treasure hunt on their mobile phones described as 'an adventure unfolding all around you'.
Episodes in the story are linked to real-life places. It features a young woman who arrives in King's Lynn and is given a quest by Margaret of Antioch. With the help of the people of King's Lynn and West Norfolk, can she complete her adventure by collecting the clues and cracking the code?
Director of Collusion, Rachel Drury said: 'At the starting point a few years ago we looked around King's Lynn and spoke with the council about the possibility of using King's Lynn as it has numerous, well looked after, outside projectors.'
Collusion's King's Lynn R and D Challenge, took place between May and October 2018 developing interactive prototype projects for the outside projection system.
Ms Drury said: 'After the R and D project there was a call to do something bigger and longer using the unique outside projections.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out
Discover King's Lynn manager Vicky Etheridge said: 'We're really pleased to have played a part in making this happen. It's an exciting and innovative project for the town which we think people, especially young people will want to get involved in. Hopefully it will draw people into the town over the build up to Christmas as we've got lots of other festive delights planned including our Christmas market on November 29.'
Amy Vaughan, director touring and Cambridge with Arts Council England, said: 'Collusion has been doing some really exciting work in Kings Lynn and across the region, collaborating with artists and communities to push the boundaries of digital creativity and innovation. REVEAL is a fantastic example of their work and I'm really pleased that King's Lynn will be the playground for this exciting active reality project.'
There are six ways players can enjoy REVEAL as it unfolds across It can be played live, in catch up mode or online.
Live shows will take place each Sunday at 4pm - starting November 25 and then December the 2, 9, 16 23. Each will reveal a new part of the story.
There will also be artist projections across the town each Sunday, while a REVEAL shop will be open at 10 Norfolk Street, King's Lynn from Saturday, November 24.
More can be found at www.revealkl.com.