Full steam ahead for Guides, Brownies and Rainbows at museum fun day
- Credit: Submitted
Almost 100 Norfolk girls clubbed together for an event to celebrate World Thinking Day.
The 85 girls, all members of Rainbows, Brownies and Guides groups, along with 25 leaders put on the event at Strumpshaw Steam Museum.
The girls from groups in Acle, Freethorpe, South Walsham and Strumpshaw enjoyed a day filled with fun crafts and challenges at the museum on February 24.
They had the chance to make jewellery, keyrings and dreamcatchers using components such as nuts, bolts and cogs and took part in team games.
They also had the opportunity to tour the museum and help clean one of the engines in preparation for the Easter rally.
You may also want to watch:
The day finished with all the members renewing their Guiding promise together and receiving a special badge to mark the occasion.
Strumpshaw Steam Museum was presented with a donation of £400 by way of thanks for hosting the day.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich