Acle cancer survivor hosts garden tea party for Big C after getting breast cancer all clear
- Credit: Linda Andrews
A woman from Acle celebrated receiving the cancer all clear all by hosting a fundraiser for others affected by the illness.
Claire Alden, who was previously diagnosed with breast cancer, has held a garden tea party to raise money for the Big C.
She welcomed work colleagues and friends into her home, selling tea and cakes to raise money for the charity, which supports people affected by cancer and funds research into it.
As well as organising the party, the supermarket colleague also raised funds through a charity walk around Strumpshaw Fen.
Together with colleagues from the supermarket where she works in Norwich, she presented a cheque for £652 to Steve Hearnden, a volunteer ambassador for the Big C.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hearnden said: 'Thanks go to Claire for continuing her support in raising so much money for the Big C.
'Monies raised will go to research and supporting patients and their carers.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 8 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms