Norfolk school stands up to cancer in week-long fundraiser organised by student, 12
- Credit: Archant
Students in Norfolk have been standing up to cancer in a week-long fundraiser organised by a 12-year-old.
Tom Doran, a student at Acle Academy, created a week of events to help raise money for charity.
It started with a bake sale, which involved students across the school, before a contest to guess how many sweets were in the jar and a guess the baby picture quiz, which saw staff members share their own baby photos.
Meanwhile, students were also given the chance to beat teachers in a table tennis tournament, before a non-uniform day brought the week to a close.
While the school is still counting donations, they believe they are nearing their £800 target.
Principal Helen Watts said the school was very proud of Tom and his team of helpers for 'showing such dedication, passion and community spirit'.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 5 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 10 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades