Access group to host activity day at pool
- Credit: Archant
Shuffleboard, walking football, Paralympic boccia and wheelchair basketball will all be part of an inclusive fun day at Wymondham leisure Centre tomorrow.
Wymondham Access Group are organising the event, to run from 11am to 3pm, to raise money for a 'pool pod' at the leisure centre swimming pool.
The device is designed to help people who are disabled, less mobile or pregnant to get in and out of the pool more easily.
There will be activities for children taking place during the day.
The access group is also vying for an Aviva Community Fund grant - which could be worth up to £25,000 - for the pod. People can vote for the project online at www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Group chairman Neil Seach said the pool pod would be a big step up from the leisure centre's hoist, currently the only way for people with disabilities to get into the pool.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen