Man airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after A47 crash between lorry and van
- Credit: Terry Harris / PaperPix.co.uk
A man has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the A47 between a lorry and a van.
The A47 has been closed at Church Road at Tilney All Saints after the crash between a lorry and a van, which happened at about 9.30am on Sunday morning.
A man has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, with what are described as serious injuries.
It happened on the Wisbech-bound carriageway, and the road was initially closed in both directions.
Though the King's Lynn-bound stretch has now reopened, the other side will remain closed from the Pullover roundabout to the Wisbech roundabout until at least 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England tweeted: 'This is likely to be a lengthy closure based on the information we're receiving so please plan ahead and consider alternative routes.'
A diversion is in place - for more information click here.
Fire crews from Wisbech, King's Lynn and West Walton attended the crash and provided scene safety.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
A second crash also has closed another part of the A47 at the B198 roundabout at Walton Highway.
Diversions are in place and drivers also been asked to avoid this area.
• If you saw the crash, or have information about what happened, please call Norfolk police on 101.