Long delays after serious collision on A47
- Credit: James Bass
There are long delays after police closed a section of the A47 due to a serious collision.
The road was closed Yarmouth bound from the Thickthorn junction at the A11 to the Harford Bridge junction at the A140.
Police blocked the eastbound slip road at the Thickthorn roundabout due to a collision and traffic was diverted down Newmarket Road.
The road has now been reopened but there are long queues in the surrounding areas.
As of 8.20am, queues are adding at least 45 minutes to journeys on the A47 approach, which is backed up to Longwater, and an extra hour is being added to journeys on the A11.
You may also want to watch:
There are 30 minute queues on Newmarket Road where there has been a separate collision.
Traffic is also being pushed on to the outer ring road around Norwich and slip roads are backing up.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
The queues could cause delays on the park and ride 501 and 502 services.
Heavy rain has caused flooding of some roads in the area which is slowing traffic.
There has also been a collision on the A140 in Scole which is causing delays.
The A47 was closed after a man was found lying in the road. The man has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious injuries and police are investigating.
Most routes around the A47 have now eased, however, there are still residual delays on the B1108 Watton Road and the B1172 at Hethersett.
There are also still severe delays on the park and ride 501 service.