A47 collisions causes long delays for rush hour traffic
- Credit: Archant
Two crashes on the A47 caused disruption for morning commuters.
Two vehicles were involved in a collision between the A146 Trowse junction and the A140 Harford junction on the eastbound carriageway at around 6.45am on Thursday.
Norfolk Police said on Twitter that officers had been called to the incident. One lane of the road was closed while the vehicles involved were recovered from the hard shoulder.
Meanwhile a crash involving a motorcyclist on the Norwich-bound carriageway of the A47 caused long delays west of the city.
Police were called to the single-vehicle collision near the junction with Blind Lane at Honingham at 6.25am. Ambulance crews were also called.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment, although their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
There was also a collision on the A146 near the Old Feathers pub in Framingham Pigot, involving two vehicles. Police officers were called to the incident at 7.03am and the ambulance service was also called.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
The road was blocked while debris from the incident was cleared.
Check our live traffic map before you travel.