A47 closed for hours after serious crash
- Credit: Archant
A crash near Honingham closed the A47 for nearly six hours.
Emergency services were called at around 7.30am this morning (Monday, October 21) to reports of a two-vehicle crash involving a car and a van to the west of Bawburgh on the A47 near Honingham.
Both directions of the A47 were closed between Easton and Mattishall and police asked motorists to avoid the road.
The road has now reopened but there are reports of congestion.
Five people were involved in the crash and a spokesperson for Norfolk police said one person has suffered a critical or life-changing injury.
You may also want to watch:
In a tweet Norfolk police said: "The A47 is currently blocked at Honingham due to a serious RTC. Please avoid the area, and ensure you leave sufficient room for emergency vehicles to get through."
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR