A47 closed for hours after serious crash
- Credit: Archant
A crash near Honingham closed the A47 for nearly six hours.
Emergency services were called at around 7.30am this morning (Monday, October 21) to reports of a two-vehicle crash involving a car and a van to the west of Bawburgh on the A47 near Honingham.
Both directions of the A47 were closed between Easton and Mattishall and police asked motorists to avoid the road.
The road has now reopened but there are reports of congestion.
Five people were involved in the crash and a spokesperson for Norfolk police said one person has suffered a critical or life-changing injury.
You may also want to watch:
In a tweet Norfolk police said: "The A47 is currently blocked at Honingham due to a serious RTC. Please avoid the area, and ensure you leave sufficient room for emergency vehicles to get through."
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move