Miles of delays following two incidents on A47
- Credit: Archant
Drivers have faced miles of delays following two incidents on the A47.
Tailbacks started to form on the A47 near Norwich, due to what a broken down lorry near the Easton roundabout.
Queues built for miles in both directions.
The lorry was recovered at around 7pm, but traffic is still moving slowly in the aftermath.
An eyewitness said a second vehicle, a Peugeot, had also broken down near the Easton roundabout, and described smoke rising from the stationary car.
You may also want to watch:
Konectbus said it was experiencing "major delays" to its route straight8 due to the incident, and urged passengers to check journey updates via its app.
Emergency services are currently on scene.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
Motorists near Great Yarmouth also faced long delays, following what was believed to be an accident on the A47 near Acle.
One driver said mile long queues had formed in both directions.
The fire brigade and police were on scene but traffic is returning to normal.