A47 eastbound at Longwater closed due to police incident
- Credit: Archant
The A47 eastbound at the A1074 Longwater junction has been reopened, following a fatal collision there.
A police spokesman said: 'At 3am police attended an incident on the A47 at Longwater, along with colleagues from the ambulance service.'
Officers have announced a woman died in a fatal collision in the incident.
The spokesman had advised motorists to avoid the area as much as possible, as long queues formed on roads around the scene.
He said: 'The A47 eastbound is closed at the Longwater junction and all traffic is being diverted around the scene using the slip roads.
You may also want to watch:
'Heavy congestion is expected as traffic volumes increase during the course of the morning.
The road was reopened at around 12.30pm.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
Officers are keen to speak to any witnesses or anyone with information. They should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.