A47 eastbound at Longwater closed due to police incident
- Credit: Archant
The A47 eastbound at the A1074 Longwater junction has been reopened, following a fatal collision there.
A police spokesman said: 'At 3am police attended an incident on the A47 at Longwater, along with colleagues from the ambulance service.'
Officers have announced a woman died in a fatal collision in the incident.
The spokesman had advised motorists to avoid the area as much as possible, as long queues formed on roads around the scene.
He said: 'The A47 eastbound is closed at the Longwater junction and all traffic is being diverted around the scene using the slip roads.
'Heavy congestion is expected as traffic volumes increase during the course of the morning.
The road was reopened at around 12.30pm.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 9 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 10 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
Officers are keen to speak to any witnesses or anyone with information. They should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.