Hour-long delays after car overturns on A47 slip road at Thickthorn
- Credit: Archant
A car has overturned on the A47 near Norwich this morning.
An Audi A5 and a Honda Civic crashed near the Thickthorn Roundabout shortly before 7.55am.
Norfolk police said the incident occurred off the slip road from the roundabout onto the A47.
The A47's southbound carriageway was only partially blocked during rush hour, but caused significant delays to traffic.
Police confirmed the road was cleared at 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
The BBC Norfolk Travel Twitter account said traffic was at a standstill at about 9am, with delays of up to an hour.
In a Tweet, it said: 'There's a collision on the Yarmouth bound side of the A47 at the A11 Thickthorn Junct. Things at a standstill on the approach, sensors saying at least an extra hour from Longwater. An extra half hour B1172 from Wymondham. An extra 40 mins A11 to St. Stephens Rbt.'
- 1 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 2 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 8 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 9 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 10 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
Bus operator Konectbus said there was a risk delays to its 6, X6, 8 and 501 service.
A police spokesman said it did not appear as though anyone had been injured in the crash.
• Updates to follow
You can keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.