Delays for drivers after A47 crash
- Credit: Archant
Drivers experienced heavy delays on the A47 this morning after a crash blocked a lane.
The accident happened on the single carriageway stretch of the busy road heading westbound at Honingham West, towards Dereham.
A van and a car were involved in the crash - police were called to the scene at 7.44am, while a recovery vehicle arrived at 8.24am.
The car, a red Jaguar, sustained significant damage after colliding with a black Ford Transit.
There were heavy delays in both directions with the westbound lane blocked, affecting drivers heading to work while also impacting bus services in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Delays were likely to the 4 and 8 services from Konectbus, while First services are also expected to be affected.
Konectbus tweeted: "Due to an accident on the A47 at Sandy Lane/Church Lane junction there are long queues heading towards Dereham.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
"Service 8 is likely to face some delays and may divert via Honingham and Mattishall to avoid queues. Thanks for your patience."
One driver, who was caught up in the traffic, said that drivers were facing "about 20 to 30 minutes" extra on their journeys.
The wreckage has now been cleared and, as of midday, traffic is running normally through the area.
- For up-to-date information, keep tabs on our live traffic map.