Delays for drivers after A47 crash
- Credit: Archant
Drivers experienced heavy delays on the A47 this morning after a crash blocked a lane.
The accident happened on the single carriageway stretch of the busy road heading westbound at Honingham West, towards Dereham.
A van and a car were involved in the crash - police were called to the scene at 7.44am, while a recovery vehicle arrived at 8.24am.
The car, a red Jaguar, sustained significant damage after colliding with a black Ford Transit.
There were heavy delays in both directions with the westbound lane blocked, affecting drivers heading to work while also impacting bus services in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Delays were likely to the 4 and 8 services from Konectbus, while First services are also expected to be affected.
Konectbus tweeted: "Due to an accident on the A47 at Sandy Lane/Church Lane junction there are long queues heading towards Dereham.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
"Service 8 is likely to face some delays and may divert via Honingham and Mattishall to avoid queues. Thanks for your patience."
One driver, who was caught up in the traffic, said that drivers were facing "about 20 to 30 minutes" extra on their journeys.
The wreckage has now been cleared and, as of midday, traffic is running normally through the area.
- For up-to-date information, keep tabs on our live traffic map.