Trailer of haybales overturns and closes A47
- Credit: Archant
A stretch of the A47 has reopened after a trailer carrying haybales overturned near Dereham.
Diversions are in place between the Etling Green and North Tuddenham junctions of the A47 heading eastbound to Norwich.
A eyewitness, who asked not to be named said: 'I passed it going to Tesco and it stuck out like a sore thumb as being over weight and not looking very well secured.
'When I came back the vehicle was in the outside lane with the back of it up in the air and the trailer on its side.
'The hay bales had come off as they were only held on with a couple of ratchet straps.
You may also want to watch:
'I've been told police are on scene and the road is still shut as traffic is not coming through Hockering from Dereham.'
Highways England confirmed the road had been fully reopened following the incident in a tweet posted just before 2.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 6 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 9 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting