Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in collision with tractor
- Credit: Chris Bishop
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the A47.
Police say a motorcycle and a tractor were involved in a collision at West Bilney, near King’s Lynn, just before 8am.
The motorcyclist suffered what were described as serious injuries.
An ambulance spokesman said: “We were called to the A47 at West Bilney at around 7.55am today following reports of a collision. We sent an ambulance, rapid response vehicle, a BASICS (British Association for Immediate Care) car and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
“Crews treated a male patient at the scene before transporting him to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for further assessment and care.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed between Lynn and Swaffham for more than two hours as emergency services dealt with the incident. It has now reopened.
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 I don't watch Strictly but I'm in love with 'beacon of hope' Bill Bailey
- 7 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 8 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 9 'False start' for restaurants as some stay closed after lockdown
- 10 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule