A47 blocked after two vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorist had to be rescued from their car this morning following a crash with another vehicle on the A47 this morning.
At around 9.52am, a Ford Focus and a VW Sharan people carrier were involved in a crash near the road's junction with the B1140 at North Burlingham, travelling towards Norwich.
Emergency services were called to the scene, with firefighters, paramedics and police all in attendance.
Three fire crews attended, from Earlham, Carrow and Gorleston stations, with firefighters forced to free a person who was trapped in one of the vehicles.
The road's westbound carriageway is partially blocked while emergency services continue to attend to the scene, with traffic reported to be slow as a result.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said no serious injuries were suffered by either of the motorists, despite one of the drivers needing to be released from their car.
As of 11.40am, both vehicles had been moved off of the carriageway and were awaiting recovery.
For travel updates across the region, visit our live traffic map.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious