A4 Brass Quartet perform coffee concert at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
A prize-winning brass quartet will present the final coffee concert in King's Lynn Festival's autumn/winter season at Lynn Town Hall on Friday, March 16 (11am).
A4 Brass Quartet have a special blend of instruments - cornet, tenor horn, baritone and euphonium – which create a distinctive sound and stands out from the usual brass quartet.
The musicians are based at the Royal Northern College of Music and include principal players in some of the UK's leading brass bands including Grimethorpe.
Their programme includes Percy Grainger's Shepherd's Hey, Christian Overhead's Five Miniatures, and 'part songs' for Brass Quartet by Bramwell Tovey.
While in West Norfolk the quartet will spend a day at Springwood School working with students.
You may also want to watch:
Coffee will be served from 10.30am prior to the concert. For tickets (£13/£7 under 18s) call 01553 764864 or go to www.kingslynnfestival.org.uk.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker