A17 reopened following serious collision in Sutton Bridge near King’s Lynn which left man in critical condition
- Credit: James Bass
A man was left in critical condition following a serious collision in Sutton Bridge near King's Lynn.
At 10.50am this morning, police were called to reports of a collision involving a motorbike and a car.
Ambulance crew, including a rapid responce vehicle and air ambulance, attended the scene after a man went into cardiac arrest.
An ambulance spokesman said: 'Crews treated a man unconscious and not breathing.
'Following treatment at the scene, they managed to resuscitate the patient.
'The man was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in a critical condition.'
Fire crew from Terrington assisted Lincolnshire fire service from Holbeach and Spalding to tackle a vehicle on fire.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 9 Man in 30s arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in rural village
- 10 Car carrying six children not wearing seatbelts caught on A47
The A17 at the junction with Railway Lane in Sutton Bridge remained closed until 4pm.