A149 in West Norfolk remains closed following ‘serious’ crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Police closed a road following a crash in West Norfolk this evening.
Norfolk police said the A149, between the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Knights Hill roundabouts, was closed due to the incident.
Norfolk fire service said it was dealing with a crash on the A149 in the Gaywood area. It was called to the scene at about 5.50pm.
Crews from King's Lynn and Sandringham used hydraulic equipment to rescue a person.
A Norfolk police spokesperson said emergency services had been called to a "serious collision".
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson said the road remained closed as of 10pm.
In a Tweet, police said: "Road closed in both directions on the #A149 between QEH and Knights Hill roundabouts following a road traffic collision. Emergency services are on scene and dealing."
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- Norfolk police has been contacted for more information.