A149 coast road closed overnight between Heacham and Hunstanton
- Credit: Ian Burt
A new roundabout is being built at the bottom of Redgate Hill to serve a new housing development on the southern side of Hunstanton.
Traffic during the day is controlled by traffic lights and a single lane road closure.
The stretch will be closed overnight from 8pm - 6.30am from Monday until Friday next week.
Traffic will be diverted along the B1153 and B1454 through Brancaster, Docking and Sedgeford, while the road is closed, via the Norfolk Lavender junction. Officials say that the work, which began late last year, is on target to be completed by Friday, March 31, weather permitting.
A shuttle bus will remain in operation to take bus passengers between the bus stop at Heacham Manor and the bus stop at the Tesco Express in the centre of Heacham.
You may also want to watch:
Developer Hopkins Homes is building 160 new flats and houses on land on the Butterfield Meadow site, off Heacham Road.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown