A149 coast road closed overnight between Heacham and Hunstanton
- Credit: Ian Burt
A new roundabout is being built at the bottom of Redgate Hill to serve a new housing development on the southern side of Hunstanton.
Traffic during the day is controlled by traffic lights and a single lane road closure.
The stretch will be closed overnight from 8pm - 6.30am from Monday until Friday next week.
Traffic will be diverted along the B1153 and B1454 through Brancaster, Docking and Sedgeford, while the road is closed, via the Norfolk Lavender junction. Officials say that the work, which began late last year, is on target to be completed by Friday, March 31, weather permitting.
A shuttle bus will remain in operation to take bus passengers between the bus stop at Heacham Manor and the bus stop at the Tesco Express in the centre of Heacham.
You may also want to watch:
Developer Hopkins Homes is building 160 new flats and houses on land on the Butterfield Meadow site, off Heacham Road.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk