A149 coast road closed at Thornham from Monday - what’s happening with the buses?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press �2004
Drainage works will start on Monday, March 20, on the A149 by Drove Orchards, between Holme and Thornham.
Norfolk County Council said the work would take three weeks.
During that time, the road will be closed between 8.30am and 3pm, Monday to Friday, but will be open at weekends.
Shuttle buses will run along the affected stretch during the works. The Lynx 36 service between Wells and Holme will make a short diversion and operate as normal.
The Coast Hopper service will not serve Titchwell and Thornham. In Holme it will serve the junction of the A149 and Peddars Way.
You may also want to watch:
Shuttle buses will run between the Ship at Brancaster, Titchwell RSPB reserve, the Orange Tree in Thornham and Hunstanton bus station.
A diversion will be in place for other vehicles via the B1153 at Docking, B1454 at Heacham and A149 at Holme for the duration of the works.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
The council said: 'Access for businesses and residents within the works site will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times but it is inevitable that there will be some disruption.'