A148 Holt Road reopens after serious crash at Bale
- Credit: Ian Burt
A road in a north Norfolk village has reopened after six hours after a serious crash.
The accident happened close to the junction of the A148 and Field Dalling Road. An air ambulance was called and landed at the edge of a corn field close to the collision.
The East Anglian Ambulance Service said: 'We were called at 3.55pm to a road traffic collision on the A148 near Gunthorpe.
'An ambulance, rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian air ambulance are currently at the scene. We are currently treating two patients.'
Police closed the road in both directions, with tailbacks building on the A148 on either side of the crash scene.
The road reopened at about 10.45pm.
Fire crews from Fakenham and Holt are also on the scene.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 7 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 8 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 9 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 10 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash