Burst water main causes ‘yet more inconvenience’ for bus passengers
- Credit: Archant
Bus passengers are being told to expect delays due to a burst water main on the A146.
First Norfolk and Suffolk have warned passengers using the X2, X21 and X22 services to expect delays of up to an hour due to two-way traffic lights and a burst water main on the A146 near Highways Garden and Leisure centre.
Issuing a service update on its website, the company said: "Due to another burst water main outside Highways, X2/X21/X22 bus services are being delayed due to the two-way traffic lights.
"We are experiencing delays of up to one hour as of 10am on Monday morning."
Apologising to passengers for "yet more inconvenience on A146" the bus provider said it was in discussions with Norfolk County Council to make improvements to the way traffic is handled on the road ahead of tonight's rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Anglian Water, said: "We have been repairing a leak on the supply to the nursery in Framingham Pigot on the A146.
"The repair to this leak has been completed and the team are currently repairing the road surface. Two way traffic lights have been put in place for this repair which we hope to have completed by the middle of this week."
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
The disruption is expected to last until Friday November 22.