A146 between Norwich and Lowestoft blocked following serious accident
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
The main road between Norwich and Lowestoft and Beccles was blocked for several hours today following a serious accident.
The two-vehicle accident happened shortly after 12.30pm which left one person seriously injured.
Emergency services were on the scene treating those injured and the police blocked the road which was expected to remain closed for a number of hours.
The crash happened on the Beccles side of the Loddon bypass on the A146.
A police spokesman said: 'Diversions have been put in place and we expect the road to be closed for some considerable time.'
You may also want to watch:
There have been long traffic queues in both directions following the crash.
Police were unable to give any more information on the details of those injured.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146