Three vehicle collision partially closes bypass
A three vehicle collision has partially blocked a bypass this afternoon, with emergency services attending.
Suffolk Police have confirmed the A146 Beccles bypass is partially blocked after the collision between a Citroen van, a Mini, and a Vauxhall Meriva.
Officers were alerted to the incident at 1.40pm, on the north side of the Morrisons roundabout.
At least one of the vehicles needs to be recovered and debris remains in the road.
Suffolk Police confirmed the road would remain closed until the vehicle has been recovered and the debris is cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Highways have been called to clear the debris and arrived on the scene at 3pm.
Taking to Twitter, Lowestoft Police warned drivers may face delays when travelling through the area, and urged motorists to avoid the scene.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
They said: 'Road Traffic Collision #A146 #Beccles Bypass, North side of Morrisons Roundabout. Emergency Services are on Scene, at this time the Road is Partially blocked but it is passable, Traffic is slow moving in the area, please avoid if possible. CAD 221 #traffic @SuffolkPolice'