Woman arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs following fatal crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs following a fatal collision in which a woman in her 80s died.
Police were called just before 3.55pm on Saturday, December 9 to reports of a two vehicle collision involving a black Ford Mondeo and a black Hyundai Getz on the A143.
Ambulance and fire crews were also in attendance but the female passenger of the Hyundai – a woman aged in her 80s – died at the scene.
The male driver of the Hyundai Getz and the female driver of the Ford Mondeo both received treatment for minor injuries.
A 38–year-old woman from the Bury St Edmunds area has subsequently been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs.
She has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The road was closed between the B1113 and Summer Road whilst a collision investigation took place, but reopened at 8.30pm.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 258 of 9 December.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row