Woman arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs following fatal crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs following a fatal collision in which a woman in her 80s died.
Police were called just before 3.55pm on Saturday, December 9 to reports of a two vehicle collision involving a black Ford Mondeo and a black Hyundai Getz on the A143.
Ambulance and fire crews were also in attendance but the female passenger of the Hyundai – a woman aged in her 80s – died at the scene.
The male driver of the Hyundai Getz and the female driver of the Ford Mondeo both received treatment for minor injuries.
A 38–year-old woman from the Bury St Edmunds area has subsequently been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs.
She has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The road was closed between the B1113 and Summer Road whilst a collision investigation took place, but reopened at 8.30pm.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 258 of 9 December.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area