Woman arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs following fatal crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs following a fatal collision in which a woman in her 80s died.
Police were called just before 3.55pm on Saturday, December 9 to reports of a two vehicle collision involving a black Ford Mondeo and a black Hyundai Getz on the A143.
Ambulance and fire crews were also in attendance but the female passenger of the Hyundai – a woman aged in her 80s – died at the scene.
The male driver of the Hyundai Getz and the female driver of the Ford Mondeo both received treatment for minor injuries.
A 38–year-old woman from the Bury St Edmunds area has subsequently been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs.
She has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed between the B1113 and Summer Road whilst a collision investigation took place, but reopened at 8.30pm.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 258 of 9 December.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich