A140 in Long Stratton blocked after two-car crash
- Credit: ALEX BRAKE
Part of the A140 was blocked in both directions after a car accident in Long Stratton.
The accident happened outside the Stratton Motor Company at around 5.20pm tonight, Saturday, May 6.
Insp James Makepeace, from Norfolk Police, confirmed the incident involved a Volvo, carrying one person, and grey Volkswagen, carrying a mother and two children.
He said there were no significant injuries but the road was blocked.
Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust were called as well as firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitness Alex Brake, 33, sales manager of Stratton Motor Company, saw the accident while locking up the business.
He said: 'I was coming out of the business and heard the accident and turned around.'
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community
Mr Brake called 999 and said paramedics police officers and firefighters arrived within two, 10 and 15 minutes of the crash, respectively.
Four police cars, one ambulance and a fire engine were on the scene. No-one had to be cut out of any vehicle.
Mr Brake added the accident happened on a 'slight bend' and the weather conditions were dry at the time.
He said a wall was damaged because of the crash and the children were 'shaken up' afterwards.
The sales manager believed the road would be closed for about two hours.