Inquest date set for 17-year-old A140 crash victim
- Credit: Archant
An inquest date has been set for 17-year-old Shannon Gittings who died after her car crashed into a tree.
The teenager, of Shelfanger Road, Diss, died on Wednesday, October 3, after her Fiat 500 collided with a tree at the A140 Quaker Lane junction, near Tasburgh.
Firefighters recovered the teenager's body from her car but she was pronounced dead at the roadside.
At an inquest review on Wednesday, at Norfolk Coroner's Court, senior coroner Jacqueline Lake said the case was ready to be heard at a full inquest.
She fixed the hearing for Thursday, May 16.
You may also want to watch:
The Diss High School student was born in Clacton, Essex, and worked as an assistant administrator.
In an emotional tribute to their daughter shortly after her death, parents Andrew and Lindsey Gittings described Shannon as an 'amazing young lady who was loved by so many people.'
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats