A140 reopens after crash involving van and motorbike
- Credit: Archant
One of Norfolk’s busiest roads has reopened following a mid-morning crash.
Police were called at around 8.50am on Thursday (November 19) morning, following reports of a collision involving a van and motorbike on the A140 at Newton Flotman.
The crash, between a white VW Transporter and black Yamaha bike, saw the A140 closed to traffic travelling in both directions.
South Norfolk police officers and those from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team were at the scene, as well as medical teams from the East of England Ambulance Service.
The motorcyclist was subsequently taken to hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
At around 10.15am, the road was reopened to all traffic.
As a result of the closure, Norwich Bus Updates said services including the Konect 1, First 38 and Simonds 2 were experiencing severe disruption.
- 1 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 6 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 9 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 10 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
Police are now appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anyone who has dashcam footage or saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision.
Those with relevant information are encouraged to call PC Chris Chambers on 101, quoting incident number NC-19112020-70, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
• For the latest travel information, visit the EDP’s live traffic map.