A140 reopens after crash involving van and motorbike
- Credit: Archant
One of Norfolk’s busiest roads has reopened following a mid-morning crash.
Police were called at around 8.50am on Thursday (November 19) morning, following reports of a collision involving a van and motorbike on the A140 at Newton Flotman.
The crash, between a white VW Transporter and black Yamaha bike, saw the A140 closed to traffic travelling in both directions.
South Norfolk police officers and those from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team were at the scene, as well as medical teams from the East of England Ambulance Service.
The motorcyclist was subsequently taken to hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
At around 10.15am, the road was reopened to all traffic.
As a result of the closure, Norwich Bus Updates said services including the Konect 1, First 38 and Simonds 2 were experiencing severe disruption.
- 1 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 2 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 3 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 5 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 10 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
Police are now appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anyone who has dashcam footage or saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision.
Those with relevant information are encouraged to call PC Chris Chambers on 101, quoting incident number NC-19112020-70, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
• For the latest travel information, visit the EDP’s live traffic map.