Man suffers ‘life-changing’ injury in A11 crash
- Credit: Google
A man has sustained a 'life-changing' injury in a car crash on the A11.
Norfolk Police were called at 5.15am on Thursday to reports that a vehicle was on its side in a field off the southbound carriageway near Wymondham, about two miles from the Mulbarton junction.
Officers attended along with an ambulance and rapid response vehicle from the East of England Ambulance Service and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Fire crews from Hethersett, Wymondham and Earlham also attended and helped to release a man from the vehicle.
An ambulance service spokesman said the man had sustained multiple serious injuries and was taken by road ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
However, a spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said the "life-changing" nature of the injuries meant he may be transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
The nearside lane of the southbound carriageway was closed while police dealt with the incident and reopened shortly after 10.30am.
Check our live traffic map before you travel.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old