A11 reopens after ‘serious incident’ shuts it for five hours
- Credit: Emma Parkinson
The A11 has reopened after a 'serious incident' closed it for several hours.
The road was closed between Thetford and Larling after the incident - which the Highways Agency described as 'serious' - from about 7.20pm on Wednesday night.
Highways England said the road would be unlikely to reopen until 2.30am on Thursday morning, they posted on Twitter just before midnight to say it was now clear.
You may also want to watch:
They said 'accident investigation work and clear-up' had been completed.
More to follow.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man