A11 fully reopens after five-vehicle crash which shut it for almost 10 hours
- Credit: Archant
The A11 has reopened in both directions following a crash which saw it partially closed for almost 10 hours.
The crash happened in the carriageway heading towards Norwich, but police closed the road in both directions to allow the East of England Air Ambulance to land.
Police warned at the time the road was likely to be closed for the foreseeable future, but the northbound carriageway reopened at around 4.30pm.
The southbound carriageway, though, remained closed until just after 12.45am on Monday morning, according to Highways England.
A Norfolk police spokesperson said “multiple” people had suffered injuries in the crash, including one man who was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital via air ambulance with “significant and life-threatening injuries”.
You may also want to watch:
The cars involved were a black Jaguar, a silver Ford Mondeo, a silver Ford Focus and a fourth car, which the police did not provide details of.
• Anybody who witnessed the crash or has dashcam footage of it is urged to contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101 quoting incident number 195 of November 22.
• To check our live traffic map, click here.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 4 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 8 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home