Severe A11 delays after four vehicles collide while passing another crash
- Credit: Archant
Four vehicles have crashed on the A11 as they passed another collision on the road.
There were long delays on the A11 at Thickthorn following the two separate crashes this morning.
Police were initially called to a two vehicle crash on the road but South Norfolk police said on Twitter that "another four vehicles collided while passing the scene, causing another RTC".
They added: "Please drive with care, maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front and keep your eyes on the road."
Norfolk Constabulary later confirmed: "Police were called at 8.59am to a four Vehicle RTC on the A11 near Hethersett on the approach to Thickthorn.
You may also want to watch:
"At present it seems that no one is seriously injured, the road will be reopened when vehicles have been removed and it is safe."
Check our live travel map here.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation